On today’s episode, I had an awesome conversation with Lydia Bricker – a singer and songwriter, worship pastor and mother of four out of South East Michigan. Can you talk about a busy schedule? We talked about her early inspirations, leading worship at 13, attending Bethel’s School of Supernatural Ministry (BSSM), becoming a worship pastor, and inspiring the nest generation of worshipers.
Talking with Lydia one of the things that stood out the most to me was the importance of investing in others. Her parents invested in her at an early age while being pastors of their own church. From personal experience and seeing other PK’s go through the same thing, sometimes the calling of being a pastor is so big and demanding that family, and family time is sacrificed. But Lydia’s parents wanted her starting point in ministry to be their ceiling… let that sink in for a moment… because that is deep!
Now Lydia is doing the exact same thing with the people that she leads at her home church. Pouring out what she has learned over the years to inspire the next generation of worshipers and giving them a platform to not only learn and grow, but also to experience failures in a safe space. Sometimes the fastest way for us to learn is to teach others, you’ll be surprised about what you learn about yourself.
Who are you pouring into? Who are you teaching some of the things that you know? Sometimes I think that we need to be at a certain level, or have credentials after our name in order for this to happen. But the knowledge that we have is unique and has the potential to unlock the door to someone’s destiny, so pour it out.
- What is one song you have on repeat right now?
- What is your favorite snack to eat while watching a movie?
- If you could only keep 3 apps on your phone, which ones would you keep?
- What is your favorite pizza topping combination?
- What year has been the most memorable for you?
- Putting Words to Feelings, Being a PK, and Learning from Parents – (14:31)
- Fear in Leading Worship and Tapping Into God’s Presence – (21:17)
- Lessons Learned at BSSM to Becoming a Worship Pastor – (26:37)
- Teamwork Makes the Dream Work – (33:54)
- Vision for Music and Inspiring the Next Generation – (42:31)
- Finding Rest – (47:56)
- New Releases and Upcoming Projects – (52:22)
keep shining bright;