On today’s episode, I chatted with Oyin – an entrepreneur and former DJ, out of the UK. Oyin started the clothing company Refuge London after realizing that getting clothes shipped to the UK from the US was just too expensive.
We talked about what it was like starting a clothing company from scratch and the meaning behind some of the designs, what it means to have an impact with our calling, some real talk about dealing with recurring sin and addiction, and cultivating our own relationship with God.
If you know of any Canadian faith-based clothing brands please let me know, send me an email or DM me on Instagram because I’d love to support them!
One of the things that I keep coming back to from this episode, is when Oyin and I talked about not letting recurring sin fester, and the power that sharing our struggles with other people has. The enemy wants nothing more than for us to be isolated from our friends who will in turn encourage us, empower us with the word, and hold us accountable. The silence of our tongues when it comes to sin, is the downfall of the body of Christ.
I know it’s not easy to talk about a choice that we made that we realize in hindsight wasn’t the right one to make. I know it’s not easy to be vulnerable, but I know that we were not meant to stay in shame. And shame is a lie from the enemy, it’s not my portion and it isn’t yours either.
If you don’t have at least one person that you can’t be 100% open and honest with, I encourage you to pray about it, so the Lord can reveal who that person is to be. I’m telling you, your life will never be the same.
- What is one accessory you can’t live without?
- What emoji do you use the most when you text?
- Name a dish you want to learn how to cook for the first time.
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- If it were 100% safe to travel, where in the world would you go first?
- The Start of Refuge London/Understanding Our Calling, Impact and Level of Success – (14:45)
- The Dark Night of the Soul/Seeking a Relationship with God – (28:58)
- Investing in Our Salvation/Dismantling Comparisons – (39:26)
- Fighting the Rebellious Heart/He Leaves the 99 for the 1 – (52:00)
- Real Talk: Let’s Talk About Our Mess – (1:05:30)
- Do It For Your Authentic Self – (1:02:25)
- The Future of Refuge London and Connecting with Oyin – (1:24:06)
keep shining bright;